Dietician Danny's Approach
Photo: Community stepwell in Jaipur, India
I guarantee everyone, i.e., children from primary school and minors (both accompanied by an adult family member) and adults, professional advice with personalized guidance to harmonize your eating and living habits. Think about:
- Healthy and tasty food:
- foundation of healthy food to feel better, both physically and mentally!
- losing weight to feel better and to prevent discomfort
- muscle and weight gain to feel better and to prevent discomfort
- sports nutrition in general and nutrition for athletes, including low carb and ketogenic foods
- carbohydrate-conscious and ketogenic sports nutrition for endurance athletes
- follow-up if you are in a program at an Obesity Clinic
- monitoring intermittent fasting and time restricted eating, with separate schedules finetuned to wommen and men
- monitoring carbohydrate-conscious, low-carb and ketogenic diets...
- irritable bowel disease (IBD), small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and other gastrointestinal problems such as Crohn's disease and wheat or gluten intolerance (coeliak/celiak disease)
- Prevention (overlaps with healthy and tasty food):
- discussion of your health risks with the health compass of the Flemish government
- high blood pressure (hypertension), elevated blood glucose (hyperglycemia), disturbed values for cholesterol, triglycerides, vitamins, liver enzymes, inflammation markers...
- weight loss when overweight and building muscle mass when underweight
- food cravings and irresistible urge to eat, binge eating, eating disorders...
- dietary advice if you are considering bariatric surgery (stomach reduction surgery)
- early signs or diagnosis of Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, MCI (mild cognitive impairment) and SCI (subjective cognitive impairment)...
- Health improvement (overlaps with healthy and tasty food and prevention):
- dietary advice in the post-COVID-19 care process, long COVID and suspected side effects
- prediabetes, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD/MAFLD)...
- gestational diabetes and PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- dietary advice before and after bariatric surgery, rééducation, chimiothérapie et radiothérapie...
- guidance for mindful eating, eating disorders and food addiction based on the food addiction model
- guidance with elimination diets, chronic constipation, FODMAP, allergens, intolerances, minerals...
- therapeutic dietary advice for, for example, epilepsy, cancer, malnutrition, cluster headache, endometriosis, desire to have children, psoriasis, heart failure, autism, mood swings and psychological disorders in collaboration with the treating specialist
My step-by-step approach consists of gradually introducing a number of lifestyle changes that you can sustain in the long term and that suit you:
- during the intake interview we map out what you want to achieve and discuss how you can and want to achieve this goal
- one or two weeks after the intake interview, we will discuss the concrete plan that I have worked out for you so that it becomes your personal schedule
- with an interval of a few weeks, the schedule and your progression will be discussed and the schedule will be adjusted if necessary
Why would you come to me?
If you want to learn how to bake bread, don't ask a butcher for advice.
I have been living by the same principles that I currently recommend to others since 2018, I don't recommend to others what I don't like myself 😇
So, I know what I am talking about: I used to be seriously overweight, and suffered from chronic inflammation and hypertension, I had disturbed blood works, was seriously overweight, suffered from sleep apnea and I slept with a CPAP machine. Not anymore.
I am a scientific researcher since 1996
Now I apply my scientific research approach to nutrition and health improvement.
I had never thought about what "healthy food" actually means.
There is so much to see on television and in the newspapers, but what is actually true?
Finding the truth regarding food and health motivated me to retrain as a licensed dietician.
With my approach, nobody follows a "diet", and you don't count calories!
As a licensed dietician and researcher, I can provide you with the best possible advice that suits you.
The emphasis is on tasty and healthy food so that your quality of life improves.
This of course means that you will gradually adjust your eating pattern, but this is easier than you expect 😜
I am happy to share my knowledge and experience!
The most important adjustments I have made are: I now eat fewer carbohydrates and avoid unhealthy fats.
I also have a lot of experience in analyzing lab results and would like to review and discuss your reports and blood work!
It goes without saying that I like to give presentations and further training.
Request an Appointment
Consultations in Antwerp, Brussels, Ternat and Leuven
By appointment only